Saturday, December 25, 2021

Merry Christmas 2021

 Merry Christmas!!!!  From our house to yours --- I hope the day is filled with love and laughter.  Phone calls are my link to family today and I'm so thankful.  Do we stop to think about how our world has changed to make just that one little thing so much better?  I can remember when a "long-distance" call meant we could quickly say hi and give any important information.  That was about it.  Cell phones opened a whole new world here and it's one I'm so thankful for.  Especially on holidays.

My sweet Mister and I only do stockings for each other and they are generally, small and simple gifts.  Sometimes silly, sometimes pretty cool.  It's a way of letting each other know they're important and for just some fun.  At our age, if there is something we want or need, it usually just gets bought.  We don't wait for a holiday and then the "obligation" to purchase something.  I think, for us, it all works.

Our children, however, do send gifts and fun for us.  Mister's brother and my mom did so also.  After opening one gift, Mister quickly cuddles with his new koala.   


Earlier in the week, we received gift cards from Mom and pictures from Cassie.


This morning --- the additional boxes are opened and enjoyed.  We love it ALL!!!!  Looks like we have some puzzling ahead of us.


Now, for a movie ---- 


By the time the movie ends, Mister is putting the finishing touches on our dinner (yes, he babies me on this day as it really is a struggle for me).  I've pulled out an older wine and we are ready to tuck in.

Dinner of Prime Rib, Baked Potatoes, and Iron Burnt Peas.

I hope your Christmas was just as enjoyable as ours.  Hugs to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment