Saturday, May 29, 2021

Brewery Hop Home from Abilene

 Traveling back home to Dallas on a Saturday is unusual for us.  It's normal to be on Sunday and few opportunities to stop are available, however, today is a bit different.  A quick search shows a brewery fairly close to the interstate and it's a new one to us so that's a bonus.  The town itself is new to me - Baird, TX.  Downtown is a quiet street with  an old railroad depot functioning as a museum at one end.


I do mean quiet.  However, very cool.  It makes me think I'm on a  movie set.


Primal Brewing sits on a corner and has other humans inside.  That's a good start.

"Uncle Buddy" is behind the bar and happy to visit and help us with our selections.  I'm pleased right off the bat when I spot a drinkable (percentage wise) stout.  I'll take one of those please.



Cool logo - 


A nearby table is talking about places they want to go to drink beer and I hear Ireland mentioned so I pop into the conversation and share some spots they need to visit.  Curled up below me --- and so content - is this peaceful pup.


A bit later, we discover that the gent I was talking to is Carl Price, the owner of this brewery.  Mister and him spend some time discussing beer and breweries, making this a perfect stop.  He had us try several of his other items and we left absolutely wanting to return.  


As we leave, the logo is on the outside walk as well --- think quilt block.  If you haven't been to Primal, give is stop.  It's worth it.


Next up is Edgewise Eight in Weatherford.  We're hungry and they have a food truck grand opening listed.  It's another new-to-us brewery so let's see what's up.  There's a Porter --- woohoo.  That is kind of the end of my happiness though.  It turns out the food truck is INSIDE the brewery - a semi-permanent fixture and the food is not wonderful.  Adding to that,  the servers behind the bar really are more interested in each other than customers and the live music quit just as we arrived (7 on a Saturday).  All very odd for a brewery.  Additionally, the beer wasn't fabulous.  At any rate, likely not a return spot for us.



Well, that's it for today.  Back into Dallas we go and are home around 9:00.  

No comments:

Post a Comment