Saturday, May 22, 2021

Spring at White Rock Lake

 Out of the house.  That is the plan.  Thinking about the lake area where the pelicans hang out has us with that destination in our sights.  It's an overcast, kinda wet day and absolutely beautiful at the lake, BUT - very few birds to see.  Maybe it's a time of year thing.  We're not sure.  There are some ducks and geese on land so all it not a total loss.



As we start the return to the car, I decide to walk over by the sandy area and I'm so thankful that I did.  Some families had moved into the open while we were out on the pier.  Families with wee ones.


How close can I get?  We don't really have a great camera with us today.



All lined up on the log.  Mom and Dad did get nervous and go for a swim but their brood stayed put.


The other family is still in the water.


But, that quickly changes and soon all are up on another log.  They're there -- just hard to see.



Ooooh, an egret makes an appearance. 



Turning my attention the opposite direction, a baby egret makes an appearance as well and he is rather clumsily attempting to fish.


I've shifted my angle and now can see the wee ones on the second log.


It's just another peaceful, waterfowl day at the lake.  Glad we came.

No comments:

Post a Comment