Sunday, April 21, 2019

Dallas Blooms 6th Visit -- Happy Easter


It's a beautiful morning and I want to walk --- I want to bask in the beauty of spring and soak in the new installation at the Arboretum.  It is called "Celebrate the Children" and the sculptures are by Gary Lee Price.  In 2016 there was a "Great Contributor" bronze statue exhibit also by Price and enjoyed by my granddaughters.  You can peek at it in this LINK

I love his work and have been looking forward to this day.  We skipped a week and oh my goodness -- the change at the gardens in huge! 





The edible garden is coming alive.


Lavender --- smells divine.


Foxglove filling the beds.



Weekly shot.  Oh my --- such change now.


Hidden gardens.  So pretty.


Ooooh, our first peek at roses blooming.



Sunlight can be your friend.  This rose is simply glowing.


Japanese Maples are losing the red intensity.  We loved it while we had it.


The last vestiges of azaleas.  They, too, are almost finished here.


Oh this statue.  I remember those days.  Such joy.


Great, great faces.


My sweetie doing what he loves.


The bright green tips of the yew plants are just so wonderful.


These two tell such a great story.  The young child has hooked a fish and the excitement on his face is sublime.  The old man, not so happy.


Playing on the lawn -



New beds.


Love, love, love.  This just screams JOY to me. 


I tried with this one, but the sun was not cooperating, no matter what angle.  It is what it is.


At the other end of the big lawn.  Children playing in a ring.  Perfect.


Oh, oh, oh.  Do you remember pogo sticks?  I had so much fun with one.


Hahahaha, the can is almost as big as he is.


And with that, it's time to head over to see Mom H for some Easter time together.  While there, Mister's brother delivers a belated birthday gift and I can see fun ahead for him with his new little camera. 

Naturally, take only ONE picture and manage to blur it.  I am soooooo frustrated with this one, but in it goes.  We have so few with mom that I want to remember this day.  Once we have a meal for her, it's time to go and make our own bellies a bit happy.  Asian Mint it is and goddness, doesn't this look yummy?


It was great to spend time with family and share laughs and love.  We're back home again and my little maple is showing her glory in the sunlight.  Perhaps she deserves a photo or two today.


I went to peek on the blackberries and looky who stopped by to say hello.


And --- our first rosebuds are peeking out here too.  It's a great way to end the day.  I hope yours was filled with family and beauty as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment