Saturday, July 12, 2014

Wyoming Grandsons Day 1 & 2

11th -- I am off to the airport for a quick flight to Denver and hopefully a quick turnaround with my 3 grandsons in tow.  I arrive just before Amanda and Trent and am able to watch for them to get off the train and ride up to where I am.  We all head for the gate only to discover that the weather has completely changed and within moments the airport is shut down.  Wonderful.  We are flying Southwest and have to connect in Tulsa and our layover time is less than an hour.  After a few stressful moments, I send Amanda and Trent on their way to Telluride for a meeting they must be at.  We will work it out.


It takes over an hour but our plane finally arrives.  I am still very worried about the connection, but have been assured that I am not the only one.  There are about 30 people on this flight that are also headed to Dallas tonight and they "think" that the plane will be held.  Fingers are crossed.  Off we go to Tulsa.


Caleb is way excited and is so fun to sit with.  He gets a "soda" and is in heaven.  Whenever his ears plug, he says loudly, "I can't hear you.  My ears aren't working."  Then he lets me know when they are working again.  He also loves watching the flaps on the wings and tells me when we are off the ground and when we are back down again.  The older boys are deep into Minecraft.





As we land in Tulsa, they inform us that the plane is indeed being held at the very next gate.  We have been instructed to hurry so we literally walk off one plane and onto another.  Somehow we get seats together --- goodness.  By the time we arrive in Dallas, it is 10:00 at night and we are all exhausted.  Grandpa makes us all a snack and we are off to bed.

12th - I have absolutely no early risers, but Raef certainly wins for sleeping in.  He comes out at around 10:30 a.m.  We have chosen to have a day at home and just relax and play.  The house is rapidly a toy zone and happy children are everywhere.



After lunch we ask if the boys would like to go skating and receive and loud "yes."  Awesome, let's go.  Oh my goodness -- what is up with my hair?  Ugh.  Caleb would really rather be out on the wood floor but this is a better place to learn.  Raef and Ryan are soon out on the floor and doing their best to improve.

In no time, Caleb wants to try it on his own and does quite well.


Then he thinks he is ready for the wood.  I am laughing so hard at this point.


He gives up again and Raef helps out by holding his hand and going back and forth with him while Ryan recovers from a pretty hard fall.


I take Caleb home after a couple of hours so that he can have a nap.  Another hour or so later, the older two are ready to go as well.  Fortunate since the rink is closing.


Once dinner is over --- a pirate movie is requested and the three of them snuggle in on the futon in the office.  Too cute.  It's been a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment