Saturday, July 26, 2014

Wyoming Grands and Home - Days 6 & 7

25th - Good morning!  I wake early and work on my hats to put the finish touches on them.  I have four completed -- in three different patterns and today is gift day for Amanda so I am excited.  Malea climbs up on the bed with me to "help" so I give her a hook and some yarn.  Believe it or not -- this keeps her occupied and with me for at least half an hour.  Amazing.

We are being picked up for a picnic lunch at the park with Amanda and the boys.  ALL of us are really excited so we clean up the house, get dressed, and wait outside for her.  While waiting, I want a picture of the hollyhocks (I miss these so much living down south) and the girls want to be photographed as well.  I am not sure why though as they wouldn't look at the camera because of the sun.  Oh well.  The hollyhocks did not complain though.


Before long, Amanda arrives and we are off to the park for our adventure.  The kids fly out of the car and waste no time exploring the play area.  It is so fun to see all the cousins playing together.  This group will be separating next month and so it is especially nice to let them have this time together.


This gives Amanda and I a chance to sit and visit for awhile -- a treasured moment.  I take advantage of this time together to give her an early birthday present.  I let her see all three hat patterns and choose the one she likes best.  Which do you think it will be?

My money is on the beanie but I could be wrong.  Nope.


Malea and Caleb are either hot or cold together.  In this brief moment they are good and it is fun to watch.

Amanda has packed a wonderful lunch that includes fresh cherries.  With one look at the pictures --- who do you think east most of them?  I giggled away at his cherry face and he couldn't care less about it.  Yay Ryan.



When the equipment is no longer entertaining, it is time to go.  We round everyone up and head to Culver's where Gammy has promised ice cream for everyone before I have to leave tomorrow.  For some strange reason, no one complains at all about it.  Hmmmm.


Once the treats arrive, I just sit back and watch.  Trying to catch each person at a special moment is oh so tough to do but I think I score on 3 out of 5.  Perhaps next time I will catch the older boys better.

I love my frozen custard and find myself having to help the younger set make theirs disappear.  It is just oh so good.


This was a great day and I am sad that my time here is coming to an end.  The days go by so quickly and there are so many things still on my list that I wanted to do.  I will need to catch up with both of these families after their moves.  For now --- it is bed time.

26th -  It is a travel day for me so we are moving early today.  First things first though --- I give Rhiana the same choices in a gift that Amanda had and although it is a hard choice for her, she makes her decision and gives gives me a huge smile, saying that "this will be her new favorite hat."  Ah -- thanks for warming my heart.  I can't believe I didn't get a picture of her wearing it though.  Ugh.

It is time to get the girls dressed and Malea is rebelling.  She won't put on a single thing that her mother picks out for her and refuses to pick out anything herself.  Elena is not at all happy about driving to the airport again especially after her question of, "Do we get to go into the airport this time?", nets her an answer of no.  Poor thing -- I feel bad for them having to spend their morning in the car because of me.

I try and grab a picture of Rhiana and I since I am lacking pictures of me with my children.  That means that Miss Elena needs to be the photographer.  I must say that she does a pretty good job.


Of course then she wants one as well.  Naturally, I said yes and her mama helped us out.  Not sure what that spot on my chin is though --- ugh.


As we are driving, Elena is watching a movie and soon a song comes one that she just starts singing along to.  Had to record just a bit of it.  



All too soon I have to say good-bye to these lovely ladies.  It is time to fly.  My flights go well and I land at DFW to be met by my sweetie and then we go to Grapevine to meet up with Jen for a little while.  Bekah had ordered some soccer shoes and since they were in the process of moving she had them sent to us.  Mister had brought them along to deliver to Jen.  We had a nice lunch with time for visiting and walked down the street in the 100 degree weather.  Wow -- quite the change from Cheyenne where it was warm, but dry.  Really humid out today.  As we are saying good-bye we notice that the steam engine is out today.  They only take it out a couple of times a year and today is the day.  Must watch.  As Jen and Jacob drive away, Mister and I walk over to watch the train come in and be put away.  How fun is this?  He is like a little boy -- totally fascinated by the whole thing.




Watching the train as it goes into the turntable and then is lined up to go into it's garage.  Very cool.  We were just in the right spot at the right time.  Fun to watch.  Time to head home.  I'm ready to rest for awhile.  I had a great time in Wyoming though and am glad I was able to be there now.  With both families on the move -- it will have been my last trip there.  Time for new experiences back in Billings and in Telluride, Colorado.  Yay.  I also get to explore the Abilene area of Texas now that Jen is settled in.  What fun new adventures can I have?  Looking forward to them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment