Saturday, July 5, 2014

Lonestar Park

We are off to Lonestar Park today for some horse racing!  So fun.  We have no intention of betting on anything, but want to watch and enjoy.  After finding a spot along the winner's circle, a bugler announces that the horses are on their way out.  How fun.

And here come the horses.  It is fun to look at the sheet and see if we can pick the winner without having the pressure of losing money.


I like this one!


Darkness falls as we watch the races and we move around to the introduction circle to watch things from there for awhile.  It is a chance to sit down as I find a couple of chairs and move them up to the fence.  Yes!

I am a happy camper as I sit and watch.  Mister thinks he needs to take a picture of me and since I am hot and look oh so wonderful, I agree to my foot.  Don't I look amazing?




For the last race, we go back out to the track and watch as they run on the turf.  I can't decide if it is more fun to watch the horses or the staff try and get the post out of the way before the race gets back around to them.  They make, but just barely.


Our night ends with a concert by Justin Moore.  Wow --- all of this for my measly $5.00 each.  What a fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment