Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Lake Walking

I love lake walking.  Can I say that again?  I LOVE lake walking.  When we have our act together and get out of the house in the mornings to walk along the lake, I am in heaven.  Why do you suppose that is?  I think it is the country gal inside me and it feels a little more welcome here.  Let's walk and see what we can find today.

It is late spring/early summer so the wildfowl are out with families.  Here is a mallard hen with two of her little ones.  We also find a mallard couple that have a slightly larger family - both in number and in size.  I think I counted 6 or 7 youth - some are in what looks like the grass, but is really a puddle right next to the retaining wall.


And here is a mama wood duck with her two younguns.


As we are walking a blue heron flies right past us and lands.  He then poses for me -- how nice of him.


Moments later, an egret does the same.  Another nice pose and then --


flight


My day would not be complete without a turtle sighting or two.  These both just made me smile and smile.



Fantastic morning.  Can't wait to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment