Sunday, May 4, 2014

It's Birthday Season! Woohoo!

Birthday Season!!!! I am doing a little dance -- can't you see me?  One of the many things I love about Mister is his treatment of my birthday.  From the first year, he has made is oh so special and takes time each day to treat me in one way or another - all leading up to my special day.

This year it starts with me returning home from quilt guild to this magnificent and oh so yummy drink.  Oh my -- how incredible.

I won't make you jealous with the other days, but it has been so fun and interesting.  We have walked, talked, watched movies, made fun dinners, and just enjoyed the days.  Estate sales and of course some sewing time also played into my days.

It has been perfect and now -- today is my actual birthday.  The first thing I see as I open my eyes are beautiful roses and a TURTLE card.  How wonderful is that?  We start the morning with breakfast at Cossroads before heading to the Cottonwood Art Festival.  I LOVE this festival and it is probably my favorite one.

This is the first year that we have been in Dallas on my birthday in several years so we have missed this spring sale and have only been able to attend the one in the fall.  As usual, I fall in love with several items and truly enjoy the time there.

After we are about 3/4 of the way through the tents, I am so thirsty so Mister is off to find some water and I locate a place along the lake to sit down and take a break.  It is a wonderful day -- perfect weather and I so enjoy just sitting and watching the ducks in the water.


There is a band playing as well and as I sit back and listen to the music I notice that the ducks have babies.  Oh too fun.  We watch for quite awhile as Mama and Papa duck heard them around the lake and attempt to keep the other ducks away.  It is very entertaining.

They are so cute and yet at the same time I am reminded of how precarious their life really is.  So many outside threats and they are probably wondering why on earth all these people are at their nice quiet little lake.  Perhaps it is a pond?  I am not sure, but I do enjoy it here.

Since we are well rested, it is time to finish scoping out the tents and then I am treated to a Bubble Tea before heading home.  I think I have had this once before, but am not sure and am also not at all sure what to order, but when I get my drink --- dang it is good --- what else could this face mean?

It is time to head back home as I do have some work to do and even though it is my birthday, there are deadlines this month.  Time to get busy again.  I start out filling bobbins to use on Ryan's quilt.  Once I have all the bobbins filled, I start quilting on the LC while Mister installs my new light, fixes the studio toilet, and hangs the new clock.

Great additions to the studio for sure.  I get one quadrant finished and then we go shower and dress to meet Jen for dinner Si Tapas.  What a great birthday.

UPDATE:  The next day Mister surprises me by putting a new shelf on my desk to raise my  monitor AND give me more space.  How cool is this?  When I come in from the studio, he has even cleaned my area and set it all up for me.  I know, I know -- I am one spoiled girl.


The rest of my birthday week is spent with a day at the Arboretum (see separate post) and preparing for a retreat I am attending this coming weekend.  THAT is my best gift!  I am so excited and thankful that Mister funded my little venture.  It's not so bad getting older when weeks are like this one.

UPDATE TWO:  Wednesday night as I am packing for the retreat, there is a knock on the door and these gorgeous flowers are delivered.  I know they are for Mother's Day, but they are getting packed and taken to the retreat.  (This pic is at the retreat)


UPDATE THREE:  I return home from the best weekend ever and have a big box with two gifts inside.  Amanda and Rhiana have sent me combined Mother's Day/Birthday gifts and I am now one stylish gardener.  Woohoo.  Fun, Fun.



UPDATE FOUR:  5/18  -- When I returned from  Wyoming, there was a handwritten letter from my son waiting for me.  I absolutely could not wait to sit down, read, and let the tears flow.  Amazing.


UPDATE FIVE: 6/11 -- Received beautiful flowers today from Cassie --- Combined Mother's Day/Birthday gift.  Wonderful bright spot in my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment