Sunday, March 17, 2024

Out and About - Shopping and Such

 Upon my return to Dallas this morning, Mister and I were off for some breakfast upon my request.  Dallas Diner it was and then we decided to hunt down a washing machine - or at least try to.  We haven't been to Nebraska Furniture Mart up in The Colony.  Perhaps this will work.




It's a really nice store inside and we spent quite a bit of time looking at runner rugs for the entryway, new grills for outside, and media consoles and tables for the den.  I'm ready for a change.  We got a lot of ideas, but nothing really screamed, "Buy me."  So, we went to the washer/dryer section.  Well, that was a complete bust once again.  We are now stuck with punting and figuring out a way to re-model the pantry.  Fun times ahead.  However, we did stop by the mattresses and there was a lucky winner there.  This is being delivered (only in queen size) tomorrow.  Yay!!


A small brewery is right across the street so we check out Windmills.  I can even see tanks through the windows - that is a good sign.


It's a rather strange brewery - strange feel to it.  The entrance is like a hotel lobby and once inside, it's more like a bar/restaurant than brewery setting.  I know that might not make sense, but  . . .




On the plus side - the beer was decent and I might return if I'm in the area.


Food is required at this point - there is a Portillo's here and we haven't been to one since 2011 in Chicago.  I guess it's time.


Chicago Dog and Chocolate Cake -- well that's a healthy end to the day.  It wasn't a very green St. Paddy's Day, but it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment