Saturday, December 30, 2023

A Little Bird and Nutria Watching

 Out, out --- out of the house.  A stop at White Rock Coffee nets us warmth and caffeine before we check in on our pelican friends.  The first stop nets us a big zero.  It's full of people with giant cameras just waiting for the perfect moment and watching a couple egrets and hundreds of cormorants.  Not my cup of tea.  I do spot a line of white making its way around the lake on the other side.  Back to the car only to find that they are further out than I though.  Drat.  They are on the move though and maybe they'll get a bit closer.  Mister finds a park bench and a quilt in the car (it's chilly out) and we settle in with our warm coffee and just enjoy what nature provides to us.  

See my pelican friends?





The pics above are zoomed in --- here's my reality.


BUT - I notice the fronds of the plants in front of us moving and a few minutes later, a nutria makes an appearance.  They remind me of beavers - minus the big paddle tail.





Duck buddies near by as well.


Waaay out there - a pelican in flight.


Proof that we are here.


Life is good right now.  


Next up - stopping at REI and Mister has a gift card to use.  He's happy when we leave with a new flashlight and binoculars and only spent $35 of his own money.  Now - to feed the belly and I Love Pho is perfect.  It's been a great morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment