Sunday, April 30, 2023

Birthday Season - Sunday in Dallas - Arboretum and The Old Monk

 How about some beauty on this gorgeous spring day in Dallas.  Birthday Season continues and starts bright and early with a trip to The Dallas Arboretum.  Take a few minutes to enjoy the beauty with us and then we'll share the rest of the day below.


The foxglove are GLORIOUS right now.


Ooooh, do you see what I see?

Maybe this will help.




These tops are just glowing in the sunlight.


Oh yeah -- there's another reason we are here.  It's Art Fest!  We've just been wandering while waiting for it to open.  Shopping time soon.




We find a little nook and cranny that we've somehow overlooked.  The Circle of Honor.


I LOVE how the trees in the background look in the sunlight.


Turns out they are Paper Bark Maples.  They lose their bark like the crepe myrtles do.  Fun.


I came in three layers and have lost one so far.  Another will happen shortly.  Quite the look, right?  How about this view.  It is from "The Pulpit."



The gardens are quiet this morning and that is so nice and calming.  I think people are waiting on the Art Fest to start, but not wandering while they wait.




Ooooh, I spy with my little eye - something at the base of this plant.


Look closer


More foxglove fun


A minute to stop and check out my absolute favorite rose.  The aroma in this little tea rose hybrid is just perfect to me.


Roses come in all sizes and colors - some have thorns and some don't.  Some are just saints.




Well, that's it.  Did we shop.  Absolutely.  So many fun treasures over the past couple of days.  I'll share later.


Now for some lunch.  We are at The Old Monk.  This is the very first place Mister ever took me to in Dallas.  It holds a very special spot in my heart as a result.  Cheers, Y'all. 



What we drank that very first time.  A repeat today.  


I promised to share the treasures - here they are and I LOVE them all.  Well, this has been another great day.  See ya around.

No comments:

Post a Comment