Sunday, March 26, 2023

Bluebonnet Trails 2023 - Fabulous

 

Up before the sun and driving south a bit.  We are in search of bluebonnets this morning.  I've heard they are out and we know a few cool spots - so away we go.  As we arrive at one of our locations, the sun is just making her appearance.  There are bluebonnets everywhere, but they blend in right now.  This is going to be another "sheer beauty" post - so little commentary and lots of pictures.




More and more light shows just what's out there.


Oooooh - a unique soul.


Look at the hills come alive with color as the sun rises.


LOVE this.  Notice the sunlight coming through the barn.




Hello Mister I Don't Want My Picture Taken.


More light, more blue.



Okay, time to go and check out a few of our other favorite spots.






Simply beautiful.





Down the country lanes we go - don't overlook the beauty in them as well.



Or these lovely longhorns.  It always feels like, somebody's watching me.


These white fences are EVERYWHERE and bluebonnets love them.






At this point, we decide to try out a place we've never been.  It is the Meadow Nature Area and is currently closed to vehicles, so we have to walk in.  Let's see what happens.



THIS happens.


One of these days, I'll remember to leave one knee up so it doesn't look like  . . . .


What a beautiful area and the bluebonnets are just coming on here --- the field will be solid blue in a week or so.


Peek-a-boo




It was good to walk for a bit, but my tummy is now calling.  One the way out we spot these lovelies. 


Breakfast at Bailey's Cafe has me happy once again.  Heading to Waxahachie.


We decide to drive one of the historic tours through Waxahachie and I am so impressed.  It even has a stop at the cemetery and it's what I call a "chess board" one.  LOVE these old headstones.



Yep, following the signs and a map on my phone.  Once we've done ONE of the drives, it's several hours later and we find Southern Roots.


Yep - perfect.


And that's it.  Time to get back to Dallas and ready for another work week.  It's been another soul-gratifying day with my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment