Thursday, February 3, 2022

Winter Day in Dallas

 Soooo - the weather guessers were right.  It's dang cold out and at least we don't have any desire to go out as we are still quarantining with COVID.  We'll just watch through the windows.  It's warmer that way.  This is my morning view.


As I walked outside to take that picture, I realized that something else was taking place.  Listen up - the sound of freezing rain.


The view out back.  Birds have frozen water.


My friend, Sam, posted this and said it reminder her of Rainbow Brite --- is IS strange for Texas.  I'm personally seeing lots of cotton candy.


One hour later -- ice crystals forming in trees.


Doing half hour checks.


And now for the big "Christmas" snowflakes.  A rarity down here.




Well, it's done but we will have this a bit as it's not supposed to be above freezing for several days.  Fun times, but we've got soup and heat so we're all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment