Friday, July 3, 2020

Arboretum Walking, COVID Style

Timed entries.  That is the new thing.  Once upon a time we could just go walk in the gardens.  We weren't really close to anyone and fresh air surrounded us.  Now, it's a timed entry and lots of "keep aways."  At any rate, Mister has a three day weekend and this is our first stop.  We are calling it the COVID weekend --- sooooo tired of being cooped up. 

At the Arboretum, new sculptures dot the landscape and as it is summer, the floral wonders are not as extreme as in spring.  Therefore, sculptures are the share for today --- with a few plant pretties thrown in for good measure. 

The artist is Seward Johnson and the collection is "Celebrating the Familiar."  Follow along - and smile.  I know I did.




I had to get a closer look at this one.  It is ALL bronze sculpture --- including the clothing AND the paper.


Ahhhh -



So, so fun.  Can you remember doing this?



Ooooh, the light.


Crazy, right?  Or is it just sheer joy on this face?  Lady with pooch is missing a "pick up" bag.


These colors are just vibrant.


Secluded off to one side, behind some shrubs, I find this one. 


A little closer in.


Great fun.


From a distance ---- without the pad below her --- I might have missed this one.  Soooo lifelike.



Details, details, details.  Simply divine.


And the view ----- speaks for itself.


Nearby, another one that I almost missed.  Seriously thought he was alive.



Fun everywhere ---


I had to trek through mud to get to this one --- but worth it.


More ahhhhh -- and water.  Love this area so very much.




Came upon this right on a walkway.


Lotus flowers - so tranquil.


Sharing a bunny.  This takes me back to my own children growing up.




Again, my eyes were deceiving me at first.


It IS getting warm out.



This one, I did walk right past.  Mister had to ask me if I wanted a picture.  Goodness.  Check out his basket.  So wonderful.  Oh, and the little lure/flies on his hat.  Amazing.


Hard at work in the vegetable garden.




Feels like this one could be Mister and I ---- always looking to see something new and wonderful.


And a serenade to say good-bye.


Close up so you can see the detail.  What a magnificent exibition.

No comments:

Post a Comment