Saturday, February 24, 2018

A Little Bit of Birthday Fun

Since we are planning a trip to Europe as BOTH of our birthday "seasons" this year, Mister's time has certainly been limited.  However, we ARE meeting with family for a Chinese lunch today.  It is a great time and I am once again so angry with myself for not taking a picture.  I keep saying I want one each time we get together as we are getting older and who knows what the future holds.

At any rate, lunch was great and then a stop at the antique mall took place.  You can see what my eyes saw by clicking on This LINK.

Our final stop for the day is at La Duni in Northpark Mall.  They have a "baked Alaska" - kind of.  This is a standing joke between my sweetie and I.  Every single time I ask what he would like to eat, he responds, "Baked Alaska."  Today he is getting his wish.  After splitting an entree, our treat has arrived.  Ooooh -- flaming even.  Yes, it is cake.  Yes, it has meringue.  No, the ice cream is not baked inside BUT it's on fire.  I'll take what I can get.



As we are leaving, the lights at the mall are just coming on.  We are on the center court and I have to admit -- it looks lovely.



It's time to head home and just relax together.  See ya around.

No comments:

Post a Comment