Wednesday, May 4, 2016

It's The Birthday Season!!!!

If you have followed this blog for long, you know that my sweet Mister instituted the "birthday season" many years ago.  It is a much anticipated tradition and one I dearly hold onto while happily reciprocating each February.  I am going to be leaving the day after my birthday this year so will have a shortened "season" but I'm sure a glorious one nevertheless.

April 29 - It begins!!!  My birthday balloon and packages in the mail.  I have NO idea who sent what though as all have come without any names attached or even if they are for my birthday or Mother's Day.  Oh well.  Thank you one and all.  I have fun treats and a blessing dish.  Perfect.




Mister takes me out for dinner to one of my favorite restaurants.  I ADORE Foods From Galilee.  Truly adore it.  Oh yum.


April 30 - Ooooh, tickets to a play.  What a great time although the play was a wee bit on the dark side, subject wise.

The venue is small but I like intimate theater work.  Yes, it does fill up before the play starts.


Fun times --- Mister HATES selfies.  Then he gets me laughing so hard that when he actually tries for a nice picture, I'm a mess.

May 1 -  We are off for a lovely trip to discover more wonderful treasure that Texas has to offer.  Come along with us by clicking on this LINK.


May 2 - It's day two of our trip and you can follow our antics HERE.  AND I get a new sewing machine along the way.  Yes!

May 3 - We are back home and some lovely flowers have arrived again with no name.  I'm guessing they are from Jen since she has gotten me flowers for my birthday for as long as I can remember.


May 4 - Happy Birthday to me.  I mean it.  I have no issues with growing older.  I have an amazing partner in life with whom to experience each moment.  That makes it seriously worth each day that passes.

My sweetheart has to work today but my friends Kelly and Ellen make sure that my day is absolutely perfect.  Breakfast, lunch, shopping, and presents.  Yes -- that all adds up to wonderful.

Mister makes me a treat and sings to me.  Yes -- SINGS all by himself.  It's wonderful.  Oh that package behind the candle.  It is a bubble gun.  Yep --- this will be fun.  A package arrives from Matt and Cassie that contains the

UPDATE:  May 5-15 - I am at retreat where the spoiling continues and I have treasures upon treasure to take home with me.  I truly feel loved.  Bring on 59.

1 comment: