Sunday, March 6, 2016

Jackson Pollock at the DMA

It's a date day!!!! Squeeeaaalll.  I have been away from my sweetie for quite awhile and just want a wandering around, enjoy each other day.  We are off to the DMA for the Jackson Pollock exhibit.  Take a peek at our eye candy.




I do love his scribbles.  I am NOT being disrespectful there.  Anyone who can do what he does is super amazing to me, but they still look like very cool scribbles.


Ah, one of my favorites:  Convergence.  This is likely his most famous painting of all.  I adore it and the color palette touches me as well since he has some browns and bronzes in it.



LOVE!!


As we are leaving the exhibit, I spot this.  I can relate as I like to lay my quilt tops on the floor for their finishing moments.


They also have a showing of a Vermeer.  I adore his work as well.  Isn't this wonderful.  But oh so tiny.


As we are leaving, a quick stop in the gift shop nets me this wonderful discovery.  Placemats and a table runner made from sawn logs.  Oh, Mister ----- (wink, wink).


I also find a book that tells about each person according to their birthdate.  Fiction or non?


I think it fits.  See ya again soon.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I love how you find nuggets to relate to quilting. Hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete