Saturday, March 26, 2016

Mister's Camera at the Zoo

Oh my gosh --- it's a gorgeous morning and I want to walk again.  Mister wants to put his camera to use and thus the choice is made.  Early morning member admission to the Zoo and the opportunity for some wonderful pictures.

When we arrive, we discover that they are doing a special presentation with a few of the "ambassador" animals so that is our first stop.  Oooh, oooh, oooh -- a beautiful barn owl.



Followed by the cutest chinchilla ever.  Look at those whiskers and oh my goodness he is so dang soft.


A black footed penguin closes out the mini show and I have once again learned so much.  These encounters are spot on and so worth the stop.


As we aim towards the Koala Walkabout, I show Mister a little viewing window that I have discovered in the Tiger habitat.  As we are standing there, she(?) walks right towards us all the way up to the window.  It's just so incredible that we are spellbound and no cameras are lifted.  As she leaves, we follow along the bamboo watching until she comes to rest in soft bedding which has been put out.  After a bath, she poses nicely for us -- albeit we are peeking through bamboo.


 We check in on the sleeping koalas to give Mister his fix and then -- fingers crossed -- we will be able to spot the joey out and about.  YES!!!!  He doesn't entirely leave the pouch, but we do spot a cute little face as he tastes the yummy tender grass.


Now onto one of my favorites:  The Tamarins.  With the sun shining on them --- oh so gorgeous.  I would dearly love to snuggle one of these.



Moving on, we pass the flamingo pond where I believe a political convention is taking place.  It certainly sounds the same.  Everyone is shouting and postulating -- spreading their wings to show who is boss.  I'm not sure what the ruckus is all about but I'm betting someone wasn't nice to someone else.  Typical politics.



Meanwhile, up on the edge of the grass, this pelican calmly takes care of his feathers and doesn't allow the craziness below to ruffle them even a bit.


Birds of prey ---- Oh the eyes on this vulture.


Over by the turtles we are greeted by this lovely.  For the life of me I can't remember what type she is, but oh so pretty.


The monorail is running.  The monorail is running.  After over a YEAR of missing it, we hop on to see what's going on in the Wilds of Africa.  The first thing we spot is the new hippo habitat under construction.  This just makes me giddy.  Let's hope the year goes quick.

Again, we get caught up in watching and only take a couple of pictures.  Enjoy.


I love the monorail, but truly do wish the area was walkable as well.  I would like to have more time out there to just sit and watch the way we do in the other areas of the zoo.  Perhaps someday.

Now onto the Gorilla trail -- walking it in reverse.  Meerkats loving the sun a bit.


And a beautiful web right near by.  Incredible in the sunshine.


Off to the Savanna.  Hello there to these magnificent giraffes.  Oh the gentleness they exude.



Well we actually saw the entire zoo this morning in about 3 hours and never felt rushed.  Many moments were not caught on camera AND Mister chose the best pics to show.  I'll let you go with one last pic that I took.  The Colobus Monkeys have just a wee bit of fun.  Dang fencing takes over but they sure were fun to watch as they played chase.  Another GREAT day at the zoo.  We'll be back soon.  Feel free to search this blog for other zoo posts.  There are many and the LEGO display is in a couple of the previous ones.  See ya later.





1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, ahhhh . . . all the pictures were fabulou!! I've subscribed to Mister and Lady so I don't miss a single outing!! Hugs, Allison

    ReplyDelete