Sunday, December 6, 2015

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I absolutely LOVE this time of year.  The house just looks so cozy and warm with all of the extra "stuff" around.  I know some think their houses look cluttered during the holidays, but I just embrace it and love it all the more.  Today, we turned our home into the magic of Christmas.  After bringing everything down from the attic, I set to work inside while Mister tackled the yard.  Apparently before lights can go up, bushes must be trimmed.  Thus Mr. Green Jeans sets to work.



Now in his defense, oh my does the yard look great when he finishes.  He has trimmed all the bushes beautifully with his hand clippers (yep no power stuff here -- he IS Mr. Green Jeans after all.  It does look pretty dang  nice when he finishes though.  Of course, the trees still scream "FALL". 


Meanwhile, inside the house, I am a busy little bee.  Santas everywhere and lots of lights and garlands around the house.  I have mellowed through the years and only have the one big tree now and one small one, but I'm sure I'd start putting a tree in every room if I thought I could get away with it.

As I am finishing inside, Mister comes in and we do the tree together.  THAT is tradition for us and I love it so very much.  I hope your home is feeling the spirit the way mine now is.  I now look oh so forward to cups of tea, wonderful visits, and time hand sewing by the tree with lovely music playing.  Oh yeah, I do love this.

Take a few minutes of each day to just enjoy!  It's so easy to get lost in all the "must dos" of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment