Thursday, August 20, 2015

Jen's in Town Overnight

My daughter has a chance to come and stay for the night and I am super stoked.  It's not often that she can just come and visit and I want to take complete advantage of it.  Chatting, napping, chatting, sewing . . . all will take place.



She arrives in the late afternoon and, like me, is involved in the friendship block exchange for the quilt ladies.  She's a bit behind so we settle in and get her blocks made before calling it a night and figuring out what to do tomorrow.

It's going to be an aquarium day.  The grands all go to the Children's Aquarium with Grandpa and me quite often, but not parents.  Jen wants to see what all the excitement is.

It's always entertaining here and one of the exhibits I love the best is a tank where it seems as though babies are always to be found.  Watching the parents protect them is great fun and I actually owe spotting these to Elena.  She is the first one who saw them and I've looked each time since then -- they are always there.



Jon, Jared, and Josh are with their mom this weekend (unexpected) and enjoying the trip too.

Time at the stingray tank is always the highlight and it's not crowded today so we have lots of time without bumping elbows with anyone.



They are just so cool to touch and feed.  We have a great time, but before long it is time for them to get back on the road to Abilene.  I have them drop me at the train across the street and we all start making our treks home.  Thanks for the quick visit Jen, I loved every minute of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment