Saturday, November 29, 2014

Soccer - Haircuts - Josh's Bday -- Last Quilt is Delivered - Whew

Okay everyone -- Up and at 'em.  We have a soccer game at 10:00 in Plano and must be out of the house by 8:30 to get Bekah there in time.  So, naturally, who do you think we are having the hardest time waking up?  Yep, that's right.  Under all of that red/black/white/grey lies our soccer player.  Let's go girl.  We get to the field and settle in for the game while the boys set up a card game.  How on earth can Jacob tell what is going on?  Game time.






After the game, we make a stop at Fabric Fanatics so that I can take advantage of their Holiday Sale.  I score on a backing and some fat quarters and leave the store a very happy person.  Back to the house for some quiet time and Louis takes three of the boys to the movies to see Planet of the Apes.

 Since Josh's birthday is tomorrow, we are having a party tonight for him so that Grandpa and I can help celebrate.  This is the last of the birthdays for my grandchildren this year which means that after tonight I will have achieved my goal for this year.  Oh my.  I can't believe I did it.  Thirteen quilts and ALL given on time.  While the boys are away, Jen and I get to work on the cake and she wraps presents.  We have enlisted Jon's help with the decorations.



He is going to be making M&M people.  Jen bought some funny eyes and black gel to make legs.  Will this work?  What do you think?  Me?  I'm not so sure.



All in all, fairly decent.  I don't think they look like M&M dudes, but maybe colorful bugs of some sort?



We are ready for birthday BUT it is haircut time.  This is becoming an annual tradition and there are some unhappy faces regarding it.  Here are the before and after pictures.

Jon and Jake before


 And after


Josh and Jared before


 And after - Everyone is looking good.



While the boys were at haircuts -- Bekah let me know that she wanted to do a quilt for a girlfriend for Christmas so I let her "shop" in the studio and she spends the rest of the day cutting her squares and rectangles.



And her finished stack -- ready to sew.



I get busy in the kitchen making spaghetti for Josh's birthday dinner.  When everyone returns -- it is time to party.  Dinner first.  And then ----- Happy Birthday!

(Yes I had to steal another pic.)  I'm sure she will grimace at this one.


Licking the candles clean.  Until Mom takes them away.  Drat.


"I want to open Gammy's first."  Well, that certainly makes me feel good.  He knows dang well what is in it.

He has to help read the card first though and would really rather just get straight to the package.  Well, okay then.



Both of us have waited all year for this picture.


And now for the fun stuff.  It is a Pokemon bonanza and then time to cut the cake which Josh does with precision.  What a fun birthday and I am so glad they were here to spend it with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment