Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday at the Arboretum - Then Soccer

Good morning!  I find my computer commandeered and crayons being put to use in the office.  It all works for me.  However, Miss Bekah has a soccer game this afternoon AND a football game tonight so it is definitely time to get up and going.  Mister has gone to work and the rest of us are going to the Arboretum to peek at the 12 Days of Christmas displays during the daytime.

Let's go.  Head em out.  Yes, that means you too.  Come on now.  Out to door.  Oh Goodness but we are a slow moving train.  Doesn't everyone look happy?




I am surprised that we are having to work so hard on which day comes next in the song.  Generations change and that is happening right before my eyes.  I learned this song when I was VERY young and have always remembered it.  My grands?  Not so much.


I love this picture.  Everyone is lined up checking out the reflection pool and it appears as though the statue is watching them.  Love it.


I think I'll just have a sit down, Mom.


It's a fairly decent day -- it IS the end of November people.  As I look out on the lake, I spot a very large amount of birds in one area.  Sure wish I had a better lens and could get closer.  I wonder what is all out there.


Ten lords a leaping --- this one had the most conversation amongst the older grands.


Let's go to the Pumpkin Village for a little fun.  It is the last weekend for it and a lot of the display is already gone -- most likely sold as these pumpkins are actually for sale each year.  Jon sits down on a bench and within moments one of the Arboretum staff is asking to take his picture.  I have to snap a picture of Bekah with the camera down by my side and her not knowing or else she would have stopped me.  I fooled ya, Granddaughter.  Mother/Daughter fun below.




So I ask for a picture and once the wailing and gnashing of teeth is over --- it's actually pretty nice.  Thanks kids.  And a special thank you to Bekah -- she wanted this picture the least and is the most cooperative in it.


I LOVE this section --- very cool.  Almost quilty.



Oh for fun moments caught on camera.  Yay.


Josh says, "Will you take a picture of me by the trees?"  Of course I will.  (All he wants for Christmas is his two front teeth.")


My last photo --- In all the times we have visited the Arboretum, this is the first time I have witnessed the holly tree with berries on it.  Lovely, simply lovely.


It's been a nice morning.  Time for some lunch and then off to the soccer game in Plano.

Bekah's game is at 4:00 and for some reason, I never connected that it would get dark before the game is over.  Now, I am at a game without much to keep warm.  Smart girl.  Fortunately for me, Mister arrives just as the game is starting and has retrieved my blanket from the car.  Yes!  Time to settle in and watch some soccer.



Brotherly love!  Not sure if they are watching their sister or not, but quality time together nevertheless.


It's getting dark -- lights on.  Fun.





Mister and I grab Jon and Jake --- since they were even less weather prepared than I was -- and drive back to Dallas for some dinner and relaxing while everyone else is off to a football game in Richland Hills.  After dinner, we settle in for some Amazing Race and then off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment