Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fall is in the Air -- Let's Walk at the Arboretum

A lovely fall morning greets us and we are ready to walk.  It has been awhile since our weekly visits to the Arboretum and I am hoping that today will be the start of returning to that pattern.  Well, at least to the start of walking again.

The Arboretum is in full swing installing two separate events at once.  There are pumpkins everywhere as the fall festival starts to take shape and additionally there are gazebos being erected all over for the new Twelve Days of Christmas display.  I am looking forward to seeing both of them in their completed state this year.

The test gardens are in transition but our eyes are still drawn there as I spot the webs of funnel spiders glistening in the morning dew.  I am constantly amazed by the beauty nature provides to us as well as the awe I have for creatures and their own abilities.


The pumpkin houses are starting to take shape and I love these new "flowers" made from a metal stand and a pumpkin.  Very cool


Isn't this absolutely beautiful?  I LOVE the delicacy of it.  I still say I am going to do a green/white/purple quilt.



Mister finds the peppers he wants.  He had these a few years ago and wants to locate one again.  Thus, a picture of the name.


And a shot of the plant


It has been a great year for mandevillas and so, naturally, we didn't plant one.  Ugh.  We went with the hibiscus duo this year.


Check out this bloom.  I adore the purple seeds.  Very fun.


It's been fun --- see you here next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment