Monday, June 7, 2010

Zyra Blessing

Time -- where does it keep going?  I am up in Billings for Miss Zyra's blessing.  Tonight is being spent with Rhiana and Miss Elena.  We spend the early evening being entertained by my sweet little granddaughter and in leau of writing, I am just going to share the videos that I took.  Enjoy.

She had received a fun new toy and watch what she does.  I love it!  AND am impressed.


Rhiana, Kyle, and I have a wonderful dinner together and just visit.  I crash on the sofa and head to Matt's first thing in the morning.  It is blessing day!  I have brought my laptop and it only takes Hyrum a few minutes to find it and want to play.  We find a Nickelodeon program for him and he is soon immersed in it.  Happily, I might add.  He is part of a new generation that will grow up with computers and have them be second nature to him.  I am a bit jealous as it takes me forever to learn new programs.


These are the stars of the day though -- not sure they are excited enough.  What do you think?  I wonder if this is a throwback to when Matt was younger.  He would always fall asleep when he got nervous about something.  It used to crack me up all the time.  They only sleep for a short time and then Dad is off to the shower while I get to love and hold my granddaughter. 
It doesn't take long and I have her on camera.  Isn't that why I brought it?  To make memories that will last - otherwise this old brain of mine will lose these moments.



Soon it is time to dress for church and I have brought new clothes with me for both Hyrum and Zyra.  I am pretty excited to see how things fit and how dashing my grandson will look.  Oh goodness, is this not the best?  Look at this smile.  And how very "gentlemanly".  My heart is happy.


Now for Miss Zyra.  Look at the wonderful blessing dress that Mister and I found for her.  Oh my gosh.  It fits perfectly and she just looks like a little angel.


What a sweet family.  I am so very proud to call them my own.


Yep, I remembered the blanket too.  Complete with name and birthdate.


Okay, I'll even put a shot of me in here.  It doesn't look like my granddaughter is too sure of this though.




The blessing goes well, although there is one "slippery" moment where I think Matt is going to drop Zyra.  Her blanket is a bit slick as it is tricot but he makes a good recovery and all is well.  A collective sigh from our row can be heard.  Then soft giggles.  The deed is done.

I am heading home tomorrow morning.  It has been a good visit, but I am missing Mister and wish he could have been here as well.  Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment