Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Arches National Park

I remember when I thought my parents were nuts for wanting to go to the national parks.  I also thought that perhaps it was something that old people did.  Well, it is pretty official -- I am old.  I love the parks and all of the beauty contained within.  Today, we are starting our path back home and after seeing Grand and Bryce Canyons, I just know that the next couple of days will be eye candy as well.

After a quick breakfast at the hotel, the luggage is gathered up, loaded into the car, and we are on the road again.  I love road trips.  Have I said that before?  Well, it is true.  I do not understand why we don't travel this way more often.  Our destination for today is just outside of Moab, Utah and the route takes us through the Green River area.  I will say this much about Utah -- talk about a variety of terrains.  I don't think most people realize just how varied it is in this regard.  We arrive at Arches National Park before noon and with a map from the visitor center begin to explore the magnificent rock formations this park is so famous for.



We take several walks in order to view some of the formations but the final one requires a bit of  a small hike.  I am so glad that we decide to do this as it is not something we could have seen from the car.  Even with hip issues --- I love each and every moment of it.

Enjoy the pics --- I think that many people find the desert to be ugly -- I hope these show you that it is not.






What an awesome day.  I feel small and certainly am literally in awe of the world around us.  Such beauty.

Our stop for the night is in Cortez, Co and we still have a few hours to get there.  Thanks for sharing our day with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment