Sunday, June 20, 2010

Reunion Day 2 - Provo, UT

It is Day 2 and absolutely beautiful outside.  What an idyllic location.  I am truly thankful to Scott and Cass for being able to obtain this place.  I am cooking french toast like a mad woman trying to feed this group.  It is absolutely incredible how our numbers have grown and my heart appears to have grown at the same pace.  I am content with all my family around.  Love it.

One of the activities for the day is target shooting and the back porch looks like we are going to war.  It is so funny to see, but when each person brings along a rifle, shotgun, or BB gun it doesn't take long for the table to fill.  The kids are going to have such a great time learning gun safety and seeing if they can hit some targets.



With Uncle Matt and John as teachers, things get fun after the classroom part is over.  Seriously, isn't it the same for any activity?

Everyone wants to get out and give it a try and most are very successful.  There are orange pieces of clay pigeons everywhere on the hillside and the paper targets are full of holes.

Amanda, Jen, and I keep the really small ones contained in the front yard so as not to scare anyone with an unintended run through the shooting range and the whole activity goes is a hit.  Matt showed such patience throughout the morning and I am duly impressed.  The kids have truly loved this event.  That includes the big kids of course.



Even Mister takes a few shots and hits the target.  I am impressed.


With the morning's activity behind us and lunch in our bellies, it is time to prepare for the big water fight this afternoon.  The siblings settle in with hoses and water balloons for a couple of hours filling tubs that are then strategically placed around the yard as refill stations.  Oh my, this is serious business.


For those not in on the balloon filling, relaxation, exploration, and perhaps exasperation are on the plate.

Sometimes, little ones are just tough to make happy and Miss Elena was out of her element a bit today.  Naps seem to be hard to come by here at the house what with it being a strange bed and people always coming and going.  Poor thing.

The local inhabitants are a huge hit with the boys and seldom are they found without a critter or two being held.  (Witness Jon's pants above, left, and below.)


Ryan looks ready and so I guess it is time for the battle to begin.  We start out by taking a "before" picture of the participants.  (Not everyone is participating -- I am watching Elena, Hyrum, Josh, and Zyra,  Mister is taking pictures, and Scott is not a huge fan of water fights.)  Here we go.  Just look and enjoy.  I can tell you that I am laughing myself silly as this goes on.  What a great family I have.  I am perched on the porch which is "no man's land" along with Mister and little ones.  What a great view.

Yes Becca -- score!




Doubling up works well.


Excellent Rhiana.




He is ready!  I don't think he will much of a threat since he is shooting himself.  Too funny.


And after!  This is a soggy group.  It was fun though and everyone wants to do it again.  Two and a half hours to prepare -- 15 minute fight.  Whew.


Miss Elena stayed dry but in high fashion.  Goodness what a cutie.

It is fun to have a little girl amongst all these boys again.  Bekah has been on her own for 10 years.  With Zyra in the picture as well -- the stats are starting to tip the other way and perhaps we will catch up or overtake the boys.  I can dream can't I?

This has been a great day.  Time to go make dinner and play games for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment