Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Boys are Graduating: First Up - Louis

It is the time of year when graduations take center stage and in our family, we are no different.  I have two son-in-laws graduating within days of each other.  First up is Louis, who has completed his BS in Business at Colorado State University.  Yep, seemed kinda odd to me too, since he lives in South Dakota, but apparently one can do amazing things with online education.  I wonder if I should go back to school too.  Hmmm.

I fly into Denver, rent a car, and drive to Fort Collins for the day's event.  After locating the family, Jen, the kids (minus Jared and Bekah who stayed home with Aunt Rhiana to prepare for a dance recital), and I wander around while Louis attends a "meet and greet."  We grab a bite to eat before it is time to return to the campus.  After climbing way, way up in the hall, seats are located and we settle in.  Just in time as the procession starts.

This is where the "Find Louis" games starts.  He is indeed in the picture.


And that is about all I saw of the graduation.  Josh has already had enough and I take him down to the room that has been set aside for children.  It has many activities and after only a few minutes, Jon and Jake join me as well, leaving Jen to enjoy her husband's moment in peace.


The boys get busy creating things and soon a gentleman comes in to do balloon animals.  He is quite good and all three manage to capture one as a take away souvenir.  Ha ha.


After graduation, we have a few minutes and then they all need to leave and hopefully get back to Rapid City tonight so that Louis can fly to Cleveland as well and Jen can have everyone ready for the dance recital.  Wow, and I thought I was on the go.

I drive back to Denver, grab a hotel room that Mister has booked and crash for the night.  Tomorrow I am on my way to Cleveland and graduation number two.  Goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment