Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Holiday Ham w/Pineapple

Since I am working on the Strawberry Granita recipe today, I thought I do the ham one as well.  This one is an old Taste of Home recipe and you are supposed to do it the night before.  Ooops --- hopefully 7 hours in advance will be enough.

Take one fully-cooked, bone-in ham (12-14 pounds), spiral cut or thinly sliced and place it into a roasting pan.




Next measure out 12 ounces of pineapple juice.


Slowly pour it over the ham so it runs between the slices.


Measure out 2 cups of crushed pineapple, undrained.


Spoon crushed pineapple over ham.



Sprinkle with 2 packed cups of brown sugar and 20-30 whole cloves.


Cover and refrigerate overnight (or as long as you possibly can - hahaha)


Discard cloves, cover and bake ham at 325 for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 140, basting every 20 minutes.  Of course, I forgot to take pictures from here on out as I managed to get all caught up in trying to feed 12 people.

Here is the picture from Taste of Home and I will say, it did taste oh so very good and looked pretty too.  (No -- my tray was not all dressed up like this one, sad to say.)

No comments:

Post a Comment