Saturday, March 29, 2014

Morning Walk at the Arboretum

Waking to a beautiful day, what else would one want to do other than enjoy it?  Mister wants to take a walk and I want to go to the Arboretum again so we decide to do both at once.  Yay us.  We go over an hour early to get our walk in while it is open to members only but no photography is allowed.  Once it is open to the public, we go back and snap some beautiful pictures of the things that truly caught our eye.


I have to tell you that the cherry tree blossoms are incredible and take me back to the Flathead Valley.  I grew up with cherry orchards everywhere and this was just a little touch of home.  Add in the tulips and it is simply magical.



We wander back through the gardens and at one point I sit down to wait while Mister takes pictures.  I turn around and he is focused on me, making me laugh.  Definitely not what I meant to happen.



Now, back to the flowers:




The new section of Magnolias includes a water feature that fascinates me.  What a cool fountain.


Don't you just love the single soul out there?


I love how the stream appears to go right into the lake although it is quite a distance away.



This area (above and below) is full of Japanese maples -- the colors are just so fun.


Fields of tulips --- WOW!





As we were walking, I noticed a rowing team down on the lake.  I think we should give that a try.


Another beautiful flowering cherry


The test gardens remind me of a patchwork quilt.  How cool is that?


I took a picture of this planter a week ago when it was fill with blossoms.  Today it has leafed out and has purple/pink flowers.  Interesting.  What a great morning.  Time to head back to the house.

4 comments:

  1. So gorgeous. The Arboretum is my favorite place in Dallas. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely. The best part is that my grands love it there too. Win Win.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful and thanks so much for sharing... never been there and would love to visit someday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. It is a gorgeous place. If you ever get a chance to visit it, please do. I believe it is ranked in the top 5 Arboretums in the country.

      Delete