Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Dallas Blooms with Mister's Mom

I absolutely love Dallas Blooms at the Arboretum.  To miss it would make me sad indeed.  We have been talking about taking Mister's mom with us and today we have finally made the arrangements to do so.  I am really looking forward to it and we are on our way to pick her up right now.

Once we arrive, we head straight for the shuttle stop and take the little tour as Mom is not able to walk the entire grounds.  She gets to see some areas and then we are returned back at the center park.

We walk over and check out several items, including the new peacock displays.  Tell me these are not beautiful and I will never believe another thing you say.




As we stroll around the plaza, Mom stops now and then to point out different plants that she knows and even spots a peach tree that I am pretty sure is not a peach tree.  Boy was I wrong.  Gotta love the wisdom of our elders and respect it more.  Good lesson for me today.

We have had such cool weather that things are just starting to bloom.  Another week and it will be vivid here, but even still, the colors are intense.  It is hard to be unhappy here --- such beauty is all around and the eye never seems to stop in any one place for very long.




The skyline looks so cool in the morning light through the tree branches.  In a few weeks, you will not be able to see it from here as everything will be leafed out.


I LOVE this.


She's a toucher too!  And a smeller.  I love that we have that in common.


Mister said Mom really doesn't like her picture taken, but I want some.  I win, but she doesn't have to smile.  Deal.



WOW!


I think it is time for a haircut.  Oh my.

I pick Mom's brain on the different flowers as there are a few that I don't know.  It becomes humorous as she can only narrow it down to three.

Hey, that's three more than I had.  It is such a beautiful morning here and the time with her is treasured but it is time to go and I am hungry.  We drop down into Deep Ellum to Cane Rosso for a wonderful lunch and fantastic conversation before returning her back to her apartment.  We absolutely must do this again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment