Saturday, March 22, 2014

Morning Walk at White Rock Lake

After the past week of spring cleaning and then sewing in the evenings, I am ready for some time outside.  When Mister wakes, I ask if he wants to go and get a coffee and then a walk at the lake.

The morning is still cool with a slight wind, but it is so refreshing at the same time.  I think that perhaps my favorite part of being at the lake is the wildlife.  The birds are abundant and the variety equally so.  As we walk along, I try and capture just a few memories of the morning.  We have neglected to bring a decent camera with us this morning, so my phone will have to do.



Nesting sites all over the place and being heavily protected.  These three give us a piece of their mind when we stop to take their picture.  However, despite how agitated they are, not a single one is willing to leave the area.



We spot this group of pelicans in the water and I absolutely LOVE pelicans.  Notice the blue heron as well?  The best part of watching the pelicans is that they do everything in unison.  Heads up:


Heads down:


Such a great morning --- now to return home to my sewing.  BUT -- I am revived.

No comments:

Post a Comment