Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Road Trip - Days 39 - 40 - Road Trip Home

We are officially on the road back home, but . . . coffee.  Yes, coffee.  Mister found this place earlier in the week and wanted to share it with me.  Come along for a step back in time.





Even the corner tells what the place is about.


Okay - let's go in.  How fun is this?  


So, so retro and well done.


Across from the front counter and looking back outside.


Right on the other side of the black counter is THIS!



Zoom in --- remember these?


Next is a little sitting area.


If you look at the back of this area, you can see a small kitchen 


Additionally - the bikes above are fun.


Other side of the bike wall goes to the restrooms, but the phones are an added bonus.


And now -- the main seating area.  OMG --- I love this place.  This was truly a fun stop, but it's get serious time.  We have a VERY long drive ahead of us.


Finally - on the interstate outside of the city.  Time to put the miles on.


By the time we hit Cheyenne, WY hunger is evident and so a stop for lunch at Black Tooth Brewing Company.  Nice place and spent the time chatting with local teachers.


Satiated - and back on the road.


Three hours later --- time for some gas.  We actually found a Buc-ee's.  



Where are we?  Johnstown, CO.  Didn't even know there was a Buc-ee's in Colorado.

 
Onward we go and make it to Raton, New Mexico before falling into bed.  I'll admit, I'm pretty tired and grumpy - making Mister's life miserable, I'm sure.  Time for sleep and I don't even take my suitcase in.  I walk in with my purse, pills, phone and charger.  Off with dress and sleeping in undies.  I'm that not nice.

7/10 - Good morning!  It's a bit better today.  We are on the road by 6:30 and passing Capulin shortly after.



It really was a tough day --- nerves are shot and we are ready to be home.  However, we don't even go there first.  Straight to OHB to try and bring the long drive down a notch or two.  Once home, I only unload Mister's stuff from the car and just leave mine plus add some more.  After all, I'm only home for the night.  Whew.  What a whirlwind 40 days.  Thanks for coming along with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment