Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Road Trip - Days 35 - 39 - Billings

 After a very busy day yesterday, I okay with some calm for the morning.  This is my view as I drink my coffee and recoup some energy.



Since the big girls are off with Uncle and Grandpa is back at work, I off to an indoor play area with the littles.  This place is cool and they are on the move right away.  Hardest part here is that Isla has to keep her socks on and she really doesn't want to.  Finally, fun wins out.




Mariel finds a Large inflatable slide and gives it a whirl.  After yesterday, she's set.



There is a smaller slide as well and I take the girls in to show Isla how it works.  She has to follow Mariel and climb up.


Can she do it?


Yep - she does and comes out the other end after sliding down.  That's a look of contentment.


Let's go again.



This is a full shot of the larger slide.


And the smaller one.


Off to play again for a bit.


This was SOOOO fun to watch.  



Might be one of my favorite pics of Isla.


There are only a couple of other kids here today so they stop to make friends for a bit.


Then it's home, lunch and a little outdoor time before naps.


I'm not a massive "kill the bugs outside" person.  They've gotten used to me saying it's okay and now are on a bug hunt.  The fear is leaving as long as they are not in their toys.


See - there is one in here.  Get it please.  Oh, and Gammy's magnificent chalk artwork.

7/6 - I'm trying to get a little sewing done today and when Mariel comes to watch, I let her run the machine on some scraps.  Maybe next year we will make something together.


Not all moments are the good memory making ones.  Some are tough.  No one wanted to eat lunch with me.  They wanted to eat by the television and all that got me was cleaning up food all over the floor and littles that were hungry an hour later cos they really didn't eat.  Not happening again.


7/7 - We are having a relaxing day.  I haven't even decided if I'm getting dressed today or not.  Today we find out that Rhiana and Kasey's flights are not happening due to the hurricane that hit Houston last night/this morning.  They will be delayed a day.  Argh.  Mister and I re-vamp to stay as long as we can as we were leaving tomorrow morning.



Mariel has a bit of a cold and so does Mister.  He's in bed today and everyone else is just chilling.


Today's fort is a bit larger.



Snacks and a show.  Seems like the ticket.


7/8 - It is our last full day here and we are doing laundry, cleaning up the house, making sure everything is ready for Rhiana's return.  We won't get to see them as we are hitting the road early in the morning, but I want it as nice as possible.  She has set up someone to come in and pick up the girls from daycare, stay tomorrow evening and get them to daycare/work the next day.  What a mess.  After a day of packing, etc., dinner is the girls request for a food truck.


Baths tonight so clean little girls when I leave.  It is a GOOD night and we have some fun.  I'm not being screamed at by Isla so that is what makes it a good night.  



Tramp time with the older girls.  I've enjoyed the time here and wish I lived close enough to spend time more often.  I have so many memories to take with me.


7/9 - Good Morning.  We are up and dropping girls off at daycare.  I'm not sure what happened, but today Isla has been cooperative and decided she likes me.  OMG.  Why did this have to take so long?  Anyway, bye for now my loves.



A final good-bye to Malea as well and we are on the road.  Love to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment