Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Off to "Italy" With Red Hats

 It's a Red Hat Day!!!

The past couple of years have been challenging for me and being active in Red Hats.  It seems as though each time I was gone or running an event of my own or somehow missing emails.  Today, the planets have aligned and I'm able to pull it all together and attend.  


The plan is to meet at Little Rom in Plano and somehow I manage to get myself dressed and there on time.  Please, let's not get into that statement more than to just smile and know that life hands us little (or big) obstacles now and then.  At any rate --- I'm here.



As I approach the building, this lovely feller is standing right by the door.  Might as well say howdy.


In I go and after a few greetings, I want to take pictures of this super cute restaurant.  There is a Leaning Tower of Pisa.


This mural with the booths -- keep reading to understand it all.


At one end is this happy gent. and the front of the vessel.


The whole vessel.  Super fun, right?


Another fun mural.


And a peek at the kitchen, where I don't think the chef appreciated my photography.


Now, back to Red Hats.  I didn't get a ton of good pictures this time, but a few to mark the day.  Miss Etta and Queen Cynthia.\


A room full of purple and red and more than one person asking questions as to why.  I remember my first time seeing a group of Red Hat ladies out and about and all the questions I had as well.


A peek at the pomp and circumstance --- Linda's dubbing.


Our hostess, Sharon, with Queen Cynthia and then Sharon with her door prizes of amazing Bundt mini-cakes.  Everything is just perfect Sharon --- great choice and LOVE the midweek event.



I ordered a Little Rome salad as the one pictured was quite small.  Let's just say the pictures were deceptive.  Oh goodness.  For the first time EVER, I took salad home.


Vickie and Arlene sharing the love.


And the whole gang.  Well, not the entire group as some were missing, but a definite majority.  It was so nice to see everyone again and I have my fingers crossed to be able to have at least one more opportunity to share fun with them this year.  I know I'm out for October as I'll be flying to Montana, but November and December dates haven't been announced yet --- so --- hopes are high.

No comments:

Post a Comment