Saturday, February 16, 2019

Red Hat Valentine's and a Contest

Live, Laugh, and Love was the theme of my quilt retreat last weekend and with Valentine's upon us, it seems fitting to carry it right on through.

I am not absolutely sure that I will attend today's Red Hat event as I have really missed my sweetheart and it's the last weekend I have with him for awhile.  It's also his birthday party this afternoon and I still have things to do for that.  However, the idea of fun with my Red Hat Sisters wins and now I'm racing to put together a hat for the contest.  Someone mentioned just adding hearts to a hat and for some reason my mind just opens and everywhere I look I spot something I can use.



I have a new hat that Cassie bought me and a basket full of stuffed hearts from, oh, let's say 20 years ago.  In the studio, I find some pins to use and spot some heart lights that are battery operated along with some heart sticks.  Into my room, Red Hat pins and bling are located.  Soon I have put together something at least.  Now to dress and go.


At the last event, I snagged a pant suit from the van sale and it fits perfect.  Today, I get to wear it and am ready for fun.


As soon as Frankie arrives, it's obvious (to me anyway) that the contest is over.  OH MY!!!  What a crazy cool hat and she made it herself.  I am bowing down here.


Sophie is the Queen for the Day and has gifted each person with candy and jewels.  What more could a girl ask for?


Our birthday girls this month are Miss Etta and Arlene.  I took several pictures and this one was the best.  I'm not sure what was going on behind me, but it must have been entertaining.


Here's a spotlight on some of the hats that are competing today:  Vickie


Billie



Jana



Fonda


Mister has dropped me off, so a Mimosa sounds wonderful. 


As I sip, it's fun just to watch the ladies in the room share what is happening in their lives.


Our Queen, Cynthia



Group picture is taken before lunch --- great way to fill time while waiting for food.  It also allows people to leave early and not miss out, but don't be late ---


After the picture, the ladies in the contest gather together. 


We selected our waiter, Anthony to choose the winner and as I predicted, Frankie wins.


Congrats!!!


Cher takes her vows to be a member of our chapter - with love and laughter --- I remember my own such day.









Suddenly, I hear kazoos all around and get up to take pictures of the birthday girls, who spend most of the song looking for their own kazoos.  They make it just in time for the end of the song.  Perfect.


THIS is a better picture of Miss Etta.


As is this one.  And that's a wrap.  Until April (as I can't attend in March), party on ladies and don't drink too much of the green beer at the next event.

No comments:

Post a Comment