Friday, September 22, 2017

Friday Evening Fun

Mister works from home on Fridays and it's fun to have him around the house but it also has the advantage of when he is finished with the tasks for the day, he is already home and available for activities.  Today there is one that starts at 5:00 p.m. in our neighborhood and we are lucky enough to be able to attend.  White Rock Coffee is one of our favorite hangouts (as everyone knows) and they have built a barista training center right next door to the shop.  For two hours tonight, we have the chance to see the new facility and try some fun coffees.  What a fun way to start the weekend.



Bob and Nancy, the owners, are on hand and recognize my sweetheart as he walks in.  He has been a patron of theirs since long before I came on the scene.  Nancy greets us at the door and send us to try the Sumatran coffee using the Chemex and I willingly obey while Mister spots Bob and goes to say hello.

He has several types to try as well and we both give different beans a try.


Now, onto the espresso machines.  Caleb, the senior roaster, is manning them and while Mister takes a straight shot, I go for the cappucino.  The beans are a blend that he discovered while playing around and it is delightful.  I can't wait for it to be available in the store -- the blend is called Lonestar Express, I think and is once again using the Sumatran beans as part of the blend.  I'm liking this bean more and more.


Shiny new, fun machines.  Wouldn't this be fun to have at home?  Or would it?  Maybe going to the coffee shop would cease and I sure don't want to lose those moments.


Caleb tells me that he hasn't worked the machines much since he became a roaster and so he's just not as adept as he used to be and his drinks are not as pretty.  I beg to differ as my little heart lasted all the way to the bottom of the glass.

Well, one hour of tasting coffees has certainly given us the energy to keep moving but now I'm hungry and I have been craving fried chicken for the last week or more.  One comment to my sweetie and we are on our way to Babe's.  Gosh, I sure do love this man of mine.

Dinner is perfect!  My craving is satisfied and we end the night with a stop at the auction house where I find a few items I like, get outbid, and return home empty handed 3 hours later.  Oh well, the coffee and dinner were amazing.  Nice Friday night out.

No comments:

Post a Comment