Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Back to Utah - Days 1 & 2

It's 5 a.m. and I am once again sitting in an airport.  This time I'm on the way to Utah for Ava's first birthday.  I've taken up my usual spot at the gate.  Now to just keep the eyelids open.

A direct flight later and I'm in Provo, unpacked and ready for fun.  The girls have a play date as a local splash pad.  Swimsuits on, towels packed, and before I know it, we are on our way.

Both girls love the water and since it's a beautiful summer day, I bask in the fun of watching them play with their mom.

Come along and watch them play with me.






It's about time to leave and Cassie notices a nearby restaurant that she loves.   We dress the girls in dry clothes and even though she is a bit damp still, off we go.

I find that I am truly hungry and more than ready for a meal thus causing me to eat way more than required and by the time we leave, I can barely move.


Okay, it's nap time -- perhaps for everyone.  I'm even willing to rest for awhile.  Upon my return upstairs, Miss Ava is awake and deciding to give crawling a bit of a try.  She really doesn't like it much, but occasionally it looks as though it may happen.  I stand in complete awe of her ability to roll wherever she needs to and she can maneuver corners better than anyone could even imagine.

The love for water continues in the afternoon with some backyard fun.  Naked pool time.





After dinner, there's a bit of time before bed and we fill it working on puzzles.  Then it's off to bed.


19th -  Another beautiful day in the Salt Lake Valley.  Ophelia has her graduation class at tumbling class.

As we enter the building, she is gone like a lightning bolt.  Apparently she has been here a time or two and knows exactly where to go.

They move around the room from balance beam to trampoline, to a tunnel to crawl through, to basketball to the bar.  She seems to love it all.




As the class comes to an end, it's graduation time.  Each person is called up by name and stands on the podium to receive a medal.
We can't get her to raise her hands while on the podium, so a repeat takes place on the trampoline.

Way to go Ophelia.

She's taking a break from tumbling for awhile and moving on to swim lessons for the summer.  Such fun.


After class we are making at stop at the park to feed the ducks and play for an quick activity.  Let's go.  Wouldn't you know?  Ava falls asleep on the way there so when we arrive, we start at the slides so that she can sleep in the car for awhile.  I take watch duty and let Cass and O play.  However, I'm not too far away to take pictures.

Three ducks wander by and forage for whatever they forage for in muddy water.  They don't even move as I get close enough to photograph them.


Now, back to the fun.



Ava wakes so we can now lock up the car and go over to feed the ducks.



As we near the end of the bread, Ava figures it all out and stops eating the bread.  She winds up and gives it a throw.  Yay!  This continues until the bread is no more.


Babies!!!! Oh they make me smile.


Let's hit the swings so that Ava gets a chance for some fun too.





Later in the evening, I am treated to a trip to Farr's for some yummy ice cream.

A trip to Provo would not be the same without this.  I am able to enjoy the best salted caramel I have found to date.  Add in some vanilla and burnt fudge and dang, what a container of love.

This day is a wrap.

No comments:

Post a Comment