Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Dallas Blooms

A day in the sunshine at the Dallas Arboretum is always welcome and Dallas Blooms is not to be missed.  The tulips are so beautiful here and wandering the grounds is such a calming experience.  I am reminded of the time we had Elena here for a picture shoot - (Time with Miss Elena).

We take the time while here for me to receive another photography lesson.  I am starting to put the parts together but know that I still have a long way to go before I have anything really good.  This is my first attempt on this scene and below is the second attempt.  I loved the way the light was sitting on the little Japanese Maple along the stream.


Everything here is so beautiful and I want a backyard just like this.  Mister spends some time in the test gardens so that we will know what would be best to put in the planters out front this year.  It is almost planting time and this year I will have time to be a part of that.

He is looking at rows and rows of pansies.  I had no idea that there were so many varieties.  Yep, I still have the camera.  Ha ha.

The Children's Garden is getting really close to being finished as well as the new Magnolia section.  We will have to keep our eyes open for both and cannot wait to take the grands when they visit.  I have a picnic basket and blanket calling their names and am hoping that they can hear it as I am soooo ready for visitors.  Yep -- that was Mom guilt if they are reading this.

One last shot to end this beautiful afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment