Friday, February 8, 2013

Date Night - Calais and Cane Rosso



I LOVE Date Night!!!  Can I say that again?  I LOVE Date Night!  We always have such a nice time and share time with some of the most interesting people.  It is odd for us to go out on a Friday, but once we finished working on the trip for the day, we decided to head down to Deep Ellum to pick up wine and get a bite to eat.

We started out visiting at Calais Winery with Benjamin Calais and the place was really hopping.  After some great conversation and a sample of the new wine, we bundled up our club wines and few new purchases and said our goodbyes.



Our next stop was Cane Rosso and as we checked in at the front desk, we discovered that there was an hour long wait.  We put our names on the list and then I went and peeked at the bar and much to  my delight there were two open seats.  I grabbed them quickly while Mister removed our names from the wait list and we settled in for some great food and fun entertainment all in one package.  This was the view from our seats.

I love this place!  It has the best pizza by far and I cannot wait to go back each time we leave.  First up - the Foccacia!  Oh my.  So good.


We are able to watch the staff as they make magic with the pizza dough.  The oven is so hot that it takes all of about 3 minutes for something to cook completely.  The Foccacia literally is done in about 30 seconds.  Next course -- the Prosciutto e Rucola.  Let me tell you --- this pizza was amazing.


I cannot wait until the next time we visit here.  It is always number one on my list when we are down in Deep Ellum.  Oh heaven to my mouth.


No comments:

Post a Comment