Monday, December 10, 2012

Cheyenne Visit with Amanda's Boys

Amanda had called and asked if it was possible for Mister and I to come up and watch the boys while she and hubby went away for a weekend together.  Naturally, we jump at the chance to have time with our grands and so off we went.  We flew out of Dallas very early in the morning and this is our last view as we left.






We arrived in Denver early and after picking up our car and grabbing breakfast, were on our way to Cheyenne.  After visiting with Amanda for awhile, she and Trent packed up and headed out for the fun time away.  We were now officially "on duty" and so away we went.   First task, try and get Caleb to eat --- it is a challenge for sure!







Next, establish that we are here to have fun!


We had a great time playing games, reading, tickling, and just spending time with our wonderful grandsons.

On Sunday, the boys had been invited to a roller skating birthday party and as we prepared for it, we discovered that they had never been roller skating.  Okaaaaay.  I guess it was lesson time and so as we got the skates on them and had them try and get to the rink from the seats, we knew this was going to be interesting.  Off went my shoes and I was out on the floor with each of them working with them until they could try and make a circle around on their own.













They did great and soon were zipping around like pros.  It was fun to watch but we still needed to go and do some shopping for Christmas gifts for this household.  The night before Raef, Ryan, and I had gone to the movies to see Rise of the Guardians and when it finished they had drug me into a Game Stop for Kids and given me the idea for the perfect Christmas gift for them.  Woohoo.  So, Mister and I headed there, picked up their Skylanders game, then ran to Target for a tent for Caleb, and finally a stop at BB&Y for Trent to get a Keurig.  Unfortunately, I had forgotten Amanda's gift at home so she will not have hers under the tree with the others.  I will need to ship when I get home.


After shopping, we returned to pick up the boys and then went back to the house for dinner and baking of cookies.  They were so excited to frost and of course  -- eat.  Mom and Dad arrived back home that afternoon and so stories were told all around.

I went to do laundry to get ready for Iceland that night and missed the lower step in the basement and went flying.  Dang -- Couldn't put any weight on my foot and was really worried about the next day.  Figured I would just go to bed and hope for the best.  The next morning, as luck would shine on me, no pain.  YAY!!  Then as I was coming downstairs from the bedroom, I saw Mister sitting on the coffee table holding his back.  I asked what was wrong and he said he had fallen down the stairs onto the main floor and hit his back.  Great.  Here we go again.  We still had to pack up and head to the airport -- not sure if we were going to Iceland or to Dallas.  He couldn't drive and so I took over and off we went.  Next post -- we'll tell you where we went.  All in all --- it was a great time in Wyoming --- love the boys and our times with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment