Saturday, March 15, 2014

Working the Dallas Wine Trail -- at Calais

Our friend Benjamin Calais asked us to help down at the winery today.  It is the Dallas Wine Trail and he needs people to help serve and promote his wine.  It sounded fun and we are always willing to help so we are on our way to Deep Ellum this morning.

We arrive and are given our assignments - I am pouring Syrah and Mister is doing meet and greets and sales.


There are others helping as well and I am next to Carroll from Marbelicious Meats, who is cooking wagyu beef to pair with the red wines.  The smell is divine and oh how I wish I could just sit down and have one of these $40.00 steaks.

It does not take long for the place to fill up and we are busy until around 4 in the afternoon.  At some point I give up on standing and take a seat on a bar stool behind my table.  During our oh so very few breaks, a little crocheting is attempted.  I know, I have a problem.



It is a great day and we hope to have the chance to do this again sometime.  Thanks Benjamin.  Fun way to get out of the house for the day AND take home a couple of bottles of you fine wine plus a new york steak from Carroll.  Pretty good wages for a day spent visiting and sharing wine knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment