Saturday, April 16, 2022

Red Hat Fun

 

I FINALLY have another opportunity to meet up with the Red Hat ladies today.  Conflicts seem to arise with a regular frequency, but I have high hope for 2023 when my schedule changes a bit.  At any rate, today we are meeting at Chocolate Angel High Street, a tea room inside High Street Antiques.  It's a delightful place and PACKED.  Perhaps, because it is the Saturday before Easter, or perhaps because it's just awesome.  Let's find out.

Our numbers are small today, some due to conflicts and others to sickness, but I can relate.  In fact, I leave here to pack a suitcase and be at the airport by 5 for our flight to Montana.  I just BARELY was able to fit this in.

The restaurant staff takes our picture this time as they wish to use it for a write-up on their social media page.


Three salads and a scone is the choice around the table and I have to admit they are all very good.  My sweetheart would love this mall and so perhaps a repeat stop will happen.


Add some mango tea and it's a perfect meal.  This is saying a lot since I don't particularly love iced tea.  However, it was very good and I enjoyed every sip and morsel.  I won one of the door prizes and this makes the perfect reason to return.  This afternoon was not a huge picture-taking event for me, but I really enjoyed the conversation and laughter.  Small groups can be so fun for getting to know each other.


With that, I've got to fly, literally.  Good-byes are said and I'm off.  Hopefully, a June or July meet-up will work for me.  I know will certainly try.

No comments:

Post a Comment