Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Slow Cooker Beef and Potatoes Au Gratin --- It's a Sew Day!!!

In our Facebook Group and on my blog, we are playing a BINGO game and one of the squares directs us to "make something new in the kitchen."  I have a friend coming over for the day and we will be busy, so a crockpot dinner seems fitting.  Since it's all new to me, I'll share it with y'all too.

Slow Cooker Beef and Potatoes Au Gratin works for me as I have all the ingredients on hand and don't have to go outside.  I'm still trying to be so good.

Let's go ---- Brown one pound of ground beef with a touch of salt and pepper to season.





In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp. paprika, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. parsley, 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper.


Slice 3 lbs. peeled russet potatoes (I only had Yukon golds, so that's what I used)  You need about 7 cups of slices.  My mandolin came out to play today --- love it.


Thinly slice a white onion to about 1 cup.


Grate sharp cheddar cheese to about three cups shredded.


Add half of the potatoes to the slow cooker.


Sprinkle over half of the onions,


half of the seasonings,


half of the meat,


and half of the cheese.


Repeat the layers again.


Drizzle over 1/2 cup beef or chicken broth.  I used beef stock.


Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.  Do not open the lid during the cooking time or the potatoes will not get soft.  Serve and enjoy.

I forgot to take a picture when it was finished cooking, but this is all we had left.  I'll definitely make again.  I found the recipe on Magicalslowcooker.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment