Friday, August 28, 2020

Early Entry at the Arboretum


It just wasn't my day yesterday.  As a result, my sweetheart went into action and managed to snag us a "before the sun is even up" entry into the Arboretum.  It is EMPTY and oh so amazing.  Come along for some early morning pictures and watch as the dappled lighting does it's thing.  There is always beauty to be found in the world and walking helps so very much.  Mostly pictures, very few comments -- but you know me . . .



 Yes, a few of the same, but watching the light in the clouds was just so soothing.


Alright - let's get walking.  Theoretically, we are not supposed to take pictures when in before the gardens are officially opened, but they gave me thumbs up for this time.  It appears I missed a statue on my last visit. I must have thought he was just sitting and enjoying the place.


Dawn in the Women's Garden


What does he see?  We are right below the reflection pool.


This is what I see.  Same little spot - two different directions.


THIS is what Mister spotted.  These flowers put out this seed pod.


The seed pod opens like this - and a gentle shake or breeze distributes the treasures inside.  Pretty cool



Reflection Pool peek a boo


And full on.


I do believe this is one of my favorite spots in the garden.


Oooooh, this bark is so fun.


A few roses still in good shape, but for most, the heat is tough.



A second statue that I missed --- in the White Garden


Here comes that dappled lighting I mentioned --- waking the place up.



As we walk up to the lagoon, the fish all make their way straight to me.  We're trying to decide if it's my shirt (bright orange) or if they just want food.


I quickly walk over to Mister and look what happens.  They're like the penguins in the Fort Worth Zoo post.  Too funny.


Early morning light.


Mister's pic -


A loner with billowy fins --- simply beautiful.


Waterfalls ----- aren't they the best?  Sheets of water ---- so clear you can see the other side.



Mister, using a different angle, on a different section and playing with exposures.



The sun is coming through the leaves --- It's almost time for us to head out.  The place will be open and filling with guests soon.


My sweetie loves these flowers - especially purple/lavender versions.


Without sun


With - I do love these colors together.


Mister's pic





On our way out --- we spot the beginnings of Autumn at the Arboretum --- pumpkin houses going up.



One more missed beauty --- she is WONDERFUL!!!


On the bench (which is part of the whole sculpture) beside her are these:  a letter and family pictures.  The BEST!!


Proof that I was indeed here.


Yep, we're in the shadows.


Back at the entrance --- still empty, but not for long.


A stop at the gas station on the way home nets us these pictures.  I just am laughing so hard.  They hear me and two drop and the driver just looks my way --- well, one is peeking.  Have a great day y'all.  Stay cool --- it's gonna hit 105 or higher today.


No comments:

Post a Comment