Sunday, January 28, 2018

Museum Time at the DMA

It seems as though we have been hibernating the ENTIRE month.  Neither of us has wanted to even risk a bit of the flu/crud that has been going around.  However, today we are breaking out of that mold and attempting to have some fun in the sun.  Well a wee bit outdoor but fun nevertheless. 

The DMA has an exhibit that is about to close and Mister is very interested in it.  That means a trek downtown is in order and after some yummy coffee that is just what we do.  We have a few moments before the museum opens and I wander over to some sculptures for an up close and personal moment.  What do you think of this one?




Yep, this is the reason we are here.  The pumpkins are awesome and we saw them before, but today it is Truth that has my sweethearts attention.


While waiting, He finds some mistletoe to capture with his camera.


And the doors are open.  It is mostly videos, so pictures are a bit pointless today, but we truly take over 2 hours going through it.  I feel as though we have watched several really amazing movies today.

Some were a bit strange, no doubt, but several captivated us to the point of watching the entire thing. 

That is what makes a great exhibit.

As we are walking out, we notice that we have also missed the Hopi exhibit.  In we go and this time my camera does come out.  Such great stuff in here.  I've captured some of the information for ya'll.





Both Mister and I absolutely love this --- so crazy cool.  It's not very old (1990) but beautifully executed.

 

These bowls are just too cool as well.  Oops, the correct term is "Seed Jar or Bowl"


And, my favorite piece in the exhibit --- this is just fun and makes me think of quilts.  I LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment