Sunday, February 26, 2017

Birthday Season Arrives Again

It's the birthday season again.  Woot woot.  Unfortunately, I am not feeling very well.  I returned from retreat with a whopper respiratory thing and have pretty much been down since.  Being the good sport that my sweetie is, he took it all in stride and I will make next years birthday extra special for him.  His treats began with a package of Omaha Steaks from his mom and it included all sorts of yummy stuff.  It also contained a package of dry ice which Mister turns into a bubbling brew and enters the bedroom going, "bwahahahaha."

A few days later I managed to crawl out of bed and we walk down to the coffee shop and then do some shopping.  Mister finds a couple of birthday treats that I'm more than happy to purchase before leaving.  In the evening, we are trying out a new brewery -- Oak Highlands and I gotta say - it's a pretty great place with absolutely great beer.




The brewery even has a game room in it.  Literally.  Not in the taproom, but in the brewery itself.  Ya gotta look close but it's in the back of the picture to the right.


Fast forward to the next night and we are off to Thai Opal for dinner.  It is our all around fav place to go when in the mood for the flavors of Thailand.  Again, we are not disappointed.  Mister's curry is just gorgeous as well as delicious.


I order fried rice with chicken and pineapple and am given enough for three people.  Oh my.  We have brought wine in Mister's new wine growler (above and holds an entire bottle of wine) and the night is simply wonderful.

Mango Sticky Rice ends the meal perfectly.

I am getting ready to leave home again but take time ON my sweetheart's birthday to bake him a yellow cake and top it with homemade chocolate frosting.  Not too bad.



Here is the night's P.S.  The new wine growler didn't hold QUITE an entire bottle so someone had to finish it - right?



Upon my return from the weekend away, we end the birthday season with another delightful night out.  Dinner and wine at 20 Feet Seafood Joint and then ice cream at the Lake Highlands Creamery.  Oh so yummy and the lights in the creamery are too cool.  I could see a teenager lovin' them.

Just as we are about to leave, I make a stop in the restroom only to discover a piece of super cool tile work.

I'm pretty sure this will make an appearance at some point in my future.





Ah dang -- that's it.  Not the best season, but fun all the same.  Next year --- I promise the BOMB Mister.  Honest.  Well, if not next year, then for sure the big one the year after.

UPDATE --- 3/10 -- Mister got new speakers today for his computer.  They are just oh so fun and bright RED.


No comments:

Post a Comment