Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Davis Street Espresso

Mister and I decide to give Goodwill a try this morning.  We heard that they have auctions on Tuesday morning and so many of the people in the Vintage Sewing Machine group post about machines they are able to pick up at Goodwill.  Upon our arrival, I go over to the auction area and OMG -- what a disaster.  It is just huge boxes fill to the brim of who knows what and you have to buy the whole thing.  Nope -- not for me.  I stop in the retail shop to look at men's shirts and walk away there empty handed as well.  They were priced at $6.00 and up --- really???  I haven't paid more than $2.00 at thrift stores and estate sales.  Moving on here.

Since we are fairly close to Oak Cliff and the Bishop Arts District AND there is a new coffee shop we have wanted to try out - so Davis Street Espresso here we come.

After reading the review on this place in the Observer, I was hooked and put this place at the top of my list.  The review is spot on.  What a fantastic place.  I have to say that there isn't anything about it I don't absolutely love.  They are roasting -- oh I love places that roast on location -- and the sounds, smells, and sight of that have me hooked instantly.  I want nothing more than to go to the roasters and watch.  Ahhh.  True love.

Will and Martin are the baristas for our visit and they are friendly and more than willing to share their knowledge of coffee and the shop with us.

I ask for a Latte and Mister goes straight for the gold.  An espresso.  It is served with a small glass of sparkling water and with one taste, he smiles.  This, my friends, is a sure sign that he likes it.  I have been privy to the eyes closing only once with him - signifying absolute greatness -- and that was an espresso in New York in 2008 -- thus kudos to Davis Street.  Now it is my turn to watch as they prepare my latte.  Ah yes, magic.


Mister finishes his espresso amidst great conversation with Will and is soon ready to try another.  This time he is opting for a brewed blend and watches intently as it is prepared.  I am pretty sure he is coveting the machinery in here.


What a wonderful way to spend a morning!  And yes, I did manage to get back and peek at the roasters and talk with them about the beans and the process.  Thus, my time here is a total success.  Oh, and YES, we will be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment