Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A Christmas Carol at Wylie Theater

Mister and I have season tickets at the Dallas Theater and it is time for the annual A Christmas Carol.  We talk about not going but soon we are dressed and on our way.  As we take our seats, I am mesmerized by the set.  This is not like any previous Christmas Carol set that I have seen.  Now, I'm excited.

This is the stage before the play starts.


I LOVE this adaptation of the play.  I has all the expected elements: Scrooge, Marley, Ghosts, Bob Cratchett, Tiny Tim, etc.  The twist is that Scrooge has a factory and so you get to see the implications of how his behavior effects many and not just poor old Bob.  Awesome.  Loved each and every minute of it as did Mister.  Hats off to DTC for another wonderful production at the Wylie Theater.

Here is how the set looked at the end of the play:

No comments:

Post a Comment