Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 - Year in Review

This post wishes each of you a very Happy New Year and hopes that you look with anticipation at what lies ahead.  I know I do.

Taking a quick look at 2012 --- WOW!  We had such a fun year and just saying that does not do justice to it.  Here is a quick review and feel free to look up the blog entries to match most of these.

February took us to Wyoming to help out with grandkids while two of the girls had surgery.  We spent 4 days there with 5 grands and then went back to Dallas with 2 in tow for another 10 days.  What a treat.  I am ready for my annual time with Hyrum and Zyra again.

March delivered Cass to our house on her way to Orlando for training in her  new position with Jet Blue at DFW.  We were so excited to have them near us and have had great times together all year.

April brought us Scott for a week while he also interviewed for and started a new job.  It also found us traveling north two weekends in a row for birthday parties - one to Wyoming for Caleb and the other to Montana for Zyra.

May -- the very first weekend  (and so three in a row now) we were back in Montana for Elena's birthday and the birth of Malea.  She was my special birthday present.  Next stop was Peru and the incredible Machu Picchu.  What an amazing trip and month.

June led us to exotic Egypt where we discovered that it was not as exotic but incredibly rich with history.  While we were gone, our house emptied of guests as Cass and Scott moved out to Richland Hills to be closer to work and have their own home.

July gave me the chance to fly with my granddaughter down to Houston, put her on another flight north and return to Dallas all in the same morning.  Great one-on-one time.  This month also reminded me that I am human and I was given the choice opportunity of some time in the hospital.  Yay!!  Sad part was that I missed the flight to bring Bekah home from her trip north, giving the opportunity to her grandfather instead.

August is wedding month and so a week after surgery, we hit the skies again for my nieces wedding in Montana.  The weather was incredible and she was such a beautiful bride.  Returning from there, I collapsed, rested, and headed to Surfside Beach with all of my children and grandchildren for another week of rest and much wanted family time.  I loved every minute of it and wish I had the budget to do that annually.

September led us down to Temple and Austin for soccer time with grands and Cass time in Austin.  We do love Austin and take every opportunity to go down there that we possibly can.  Then, on a spur of the moment decision, we took off for San Francisco and the Napa Valley to watch the grape harvest and   tour SF to the hilt.  The harvest was amazing to me and I learned so much and will be looking for 2012 wines in the future.

October is our anniversary month and so we spent 10 days in New England being "leaf peepers" and had such a grand time.  We finished the month in Austin on Halloween for the Leonard Cohen concert.  It was incredible as always.

November started out with a rare treat for me.  Cass and I flew to San Francisco and the rest of her sisters soon joined us for 4 days together of bike riding, eating, touring, eating, shopping, and eating, lol.  What fun and I hope to have another chance to do this in 2013.

December marked a destination and wonder off of our bucket lists.  Our trip to Iceland with its amazing beauty and three nights of Northern Lights will be a treasured memory for both of us forever.  Prior to our flight there, we were blessed to spend 3 days in Wyoming with our grandsons and gave mom and dad a break.  We also got to play Santa while there so all in all a great time.

Whew --- what a year.  Add in our movies, dinners out, friends over, and just laxin' at home and I really can't complain even if I thought I should.  On to 2013 and all it holds for us.

Happy New Year all.

Mister and Lady



No comments:

Post a Comment